Tuesday, April 26, 2005

A Quiz: "Factoids About Me"

I've really got nothing too exciting to report today, plus I have loads to do, so I'm going to share a little Factoids About Me quiz that Julie emailed to me yesterday. (That's just my name for it. It didn't seem to already have a name and I felt bad for it, so I gave it one. I'm not sure it's grateful.) I changed a couple of questions that had to do with who I planned to pass it on to and who I thought would answer first, because a) I don't plan to pass it on via email, so b) the second question becomes moot! However I'm kinda-sorta passing it along by posting it here, yes? So if it interests anyone and you're having a slow day in blogland and would like to post your answers, let me know in comments and I'll come read them! 1. What time did you get up this morning? Around 8:15, after having a weird dream about a friend of J's calling to ask him to drive to New York to pick him up at the airport! (???) 2. Diamonds or pearls? Neither! I prefer colored gemstones. (But if I had to choose between those two, it'd be pearls. But not smooth, round ones...I like odd ones like stick pearls or "rice krispy" pearls) 3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Uuuuhhhh...Oh yeah! I remember now, it was "Sideways". I even posted about it here, twice. Duh. 4. What is your favorite TV show? Current: "The Amazing Race" Ever: "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (closely followed by "Firefly" and "Angel". Joss Whedon is a god.) 5. What did you have for breakfast? Heart Healthy cereal (or is it Healthy Heart?? I can never remember!), with dried mixed berries and milk; 2 cups of coffee, black 6. What is your middle name? Ann 7. What is your favorite food? Dessert! 8. What foods do you dislike? Organ meat (liver, kidneys, etc), pork rinds, pretzels, cabbage, marshmallows (it's a texture thing!), turnips, celery, melons, okra, radishes, black-eyed peas, Dijon mustard, milk (unless it's on cereal), black licorice....I'm sure I'm forgetting some. I'm a little bit picky. 9. What is your favorite chip flavor? Plain tortilla chips! Although I also love sun chips, and salt 'n' vinegar potato chips. 10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? "Wicked" (same as it has been for months...can't believe I'm not burnt out yet.) 11. What type of car do you drive? Buick Park Avenue (I find that mildly embarrassing to admit...it's such an old lady car! but very comfy...hehehe) 12. Favorite sandwich? Hot Italian-style lunchmeat sub (naturally, since it's loaded with unhealthy stuff...sheesh!) 13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Europe (all over!) because I've always wanted to see it, or New Zealand because it looks gorgeous and one of my very-bestest friends lives there. 14. What color is your bathroom? One is "blue ribbon" blue, the other is a terra cotta-ish red. 15. Favorite brand of clothing? Uuuuhhh...no idea! I don't pay much attention to brands! 16. Where would you retire to? Not sure yet, but someplace with way less humidity, and way less winter, and way MORE sunshine year 'round. 17. Favorite time of the day? Sunset 18. What was your most memorable birthday? None of them really stand out more than the others. Most of them have been quite nice. 19. Where were you born? Cincinnati, OH 20. Favorite sport to watch? Pairs figure skating (and if you don't consider that a sport, than none! HA!) 21. Milk chocolate or dark chocolate? Yes, please. 22. Mountains or beach? Beach. But that's a close call. 23. What fabric detergent do you use? Cheer. What else would a die-hard optimist use?? 24. Coke or Pepsi? Coke, but only rarely (don't really drink soda much) 25. Are you a morning person or a night owl? Night Owl. 26. What is your shoe size? 8 or 8 1/2, depending on the shoe 27. Do you have any pets? Three nice dogs, one evil kitty 28. Any exciting news you'd like to share with your family & friends? I finished the sun quilt top! (And I have the backing sewn....I'm ready to baste! yes!!) 29. What did you want to be when you were little ? An artist or a writer. 30. What book are you currently reading if any? "Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal" by Christopher Moore Thanks Julie, that was fun! :-)