Saturday, March 25, 2006

Simple Still Life: Month the Seventh, Part the Second

It's time to show our results for March's Simple Still Life project. I messed and messed with my photos from this month, trying Photoshop tricks and sketching, and in the end I came to the conclusion that I like the original photos better than any changes I made to them or sketches I did from them, particularly the one of the three hats on the bench. I'll go ahead and post my favorite of the "messed with" results just to show I tried, but I think the lesson I learned this month is that sometimes you get it right the first time and fussing with it doesn't help! For those who may not remember, here's the photo I started with: "3 Hats" And here's the best of a bad lot from my experiments with the starting photo: "3 Hats Revisited" Real exciting, eh? NOT! Oh well, it's still a learning experience. I also want to say thank you for the comments on yesterday's dream post. I'm glad that some of you find the topic as interesting as I do! I'll email some replies later today.