Saturday, June 04, 2005

Creative Frenzy and Glowy Virtue

Inspired by the "Creative Self-Portrait Challenge" issued by Quilting Arts Magazine, here is what I did yesterday: Click here if you want to see a close-up of the top half, with the feet, and here if you want to see a close-up of the bottom half, with the eyes. (Will open in a new window.) The shoes are inspired by a real pair I saw and coveted, but didn't buy because I'm currently trying to be virtuous regarding money as well as food. (yawn) My little self-portrait has no title yet. Aside from the rare lightbulb moment when the Perfect Title hits me between the eyes, I really hate coming up with names for my quilts! I've been threatening to buy one of those baby names books and just start giving them all human names, chosen at random from the book. That would confuse the hell outta some people, yes? :-) Virtue Update Yesterday went well! No major backsliding in the food area --- unlike the day before when I was tired and grumpy and didn't feel like cooking and ended up ordering Chinese food for supper. I was craving Shrimp Egg Foo Young and I gave in to it. And it was SO good. It has to take some effort to take shrimp, veggies, and eggs and turn it into something bad for you, but I'm pretty sure they managed it. I didn't have a total blow-out though. I only ate a tiny part of the rice and the sauce and only about one and two-thirds of the Foos. I fed the rest to my dogs, unless Dr. Greg-the-vet is reading this, in which case I'm only kidding and I swear they only ate the expensive vet-approved kibble for supper. I didn't order an egg roll or shrimp toast. I didn't eat any of the crunchy noodles. I got some hot-n-sour soup, but saved it for lunch the next day. So...I consider it a not-very-virtuous meal, but not entirely terrible. And the next day...yesterday....I was so virtuous I probably glowed with the light of all that virtue and goodness. It probably would have made a lot of people want to slap me, but only J was around to see it and he's used to me by now. I think. We'll see what today brings. I'm not sure I can be so VERY virtuous two days in a row, but I'm trying.