Sunday, July 30, 2006

Just Call Me Jack

I have nothing exciting to post for today because I spent pretty much all Saturday in Green Bean Hell. J decided we had to have green beans in the garden this year and they've decided, the way green beans seem to do (perverse little buggers) to get ripe all at once. Ripe? Is that the right word to use in regard to beans? Mature maybe? Whatever, you know what I mean! So anyway, we've been picking, stringing, breaking, cleaning, and canning until I'm sick of the smell of them. Bleah. Oh well, I know I'll enjoy having them this winter. Here's a glimpse of the vines: I thought the shape where the poles met was kind of cool against that intensely blue sky. And here's where I smudgified it to turn the photo into today's DAT: "Beanpole: Smudgified" (Smudgified is TOO a word, at least in Deblandia.) I'll post a quiz result too, since I haven't done it for a while. This one was kind of weird though. It was supposed to tell you what your rising sign is if you enter your sun sign and time of birth, but it didn't work for me. I know what my rising sign is (Aquarius) and that wasn't the result it gave me! Soooo....I can't promise the quiz will work for you either, but if you know your rising sign, you can fiddlefart around the site until you find it and see if the description fits. For me, it was an ok fit I guess, although I don't really think I'd describe myself as misanthropic...at least not unless I'm dealing with idiot drivers. Heh.
Your Rising Sign is Aquarius
You are an interesting mix of introspective and outlandish. Waving your freak flag high, you really do things your own way. While you may seem distant, you care very deeply for humanity. You just have no tolerance for fools, slackers, or dullards. And while you're fairly misanthropic, many are drawn to you. Innovative and clever, people look to you for new ideas and trends.
I THINK we're done with the beans for a couple of days, so maybe I'll have something more to share by this time tomorrow. Hope you're all having a great weekend!