Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Self-Portrait Tuesday: Personal History, Week 3

The History (or Origins) of a Personal Philosophy This is kind of pathetic compared to my last two entries, but I'm struggling a bit with this theme. There are FIVE freakin' Tuesdays in January, and I only had two ideas I thought were really good, and I've used both of those. So now I'm streeeeeetching. Bear with me! This week I am going to share with you a philosophy formed in the very earliest days of my childhood and one I fervently believe to this day. Are you ready? Are you SURE?? Ok then, here we go. No matter how much Life blows, things always look better with CAKE. And you thought I wasn't profound. HA! "Forming a Philosophy" Me, various ages from three to twelve, all wearing red, all blowing out the candles on a cake. It's clickable if you want to see it larger. The lame-o cake cartoon is because not one single photo I have in all the years of all the birthdays - mine and others! - had a decent enough photo of the cake to enlarge it and mess with it in Photoshop. So I dug out my sketch pad and my Prismacolor pencils and drew one. And yes this rather bizarre whatever-you-call-it is, in fact, my art for the day. I'm awaiting calls from top galleries as I type. Heh.