Sunday, February 13, 2005

The Shoe Addiction

Hello, my name is Deb and I'm a Shoe Addict. My latest passion? Embellished shoes. If it has beads or sequins or (gulp) both, it inspires covetous impulses in my obsessed little heart. What started the embellishment obsession? It all started with a glimpse of a pair of seed-bead-covered mules on eBay. The pattern and colors reminded me of a Kaffe Fassett log cabin. They called my name...loudly...a siren song. I had to have them. From there I found the Report black satin mules with the kitten heels. (The person who came up with the idea of kitten heels is a freakin' genius.) Then the Hype mules....one with yellow and turquoise seed beads, the other a ruby satin with beads and sequins. Then there was the champagne-gold silk mules, also with beads. They were adopted all the way from Hong Kong. It hasn't all been about beads though. I found a way cute pair of Judy Jetson-ish Keds sneakers at Zappos.com. (shoe mecca!) Here's a pic of the shoes that have come to live in DebRville in the past month or so. The shoes of winter 2005 Posted by Hello One of these days soon I'll write about something more or less art-related. Really. :-)